Saturday, February 8, 2014

4 Simple & Cheap Valentines

The boys had a Valentine's Day Party where they were going to exchange cards with their friends, I wanted to send out cards to our family, and Henrik's class was going to do an exchange at school. I'm not a huge fan of the store bought cards, so I decided that we'd get our craft on and make our own! All of these are Valentines that kids as young as 18 months can do them, with help of course. Really, all they are doing is using glue. Older kids can do the cutting, but I did all of the prep in advance.

I'll Eat You Up I Love You So! 


For this craft, I cut out different colored hearts, and the white backing before hand. I gave the boys a glue stick and asked them to glue the hearts to the white paper. Once it was dry, I asked them to use Elmer's Glue to put on the eyes, I let Henrik do the glue himself, but I helped Theo with his. They told me how many eyes they wanted to put on their heart face and I made that number of glue dots. Then, I asked them to draw the rest of the face, and the arms and legs. I wrote the rest! But I think these turned out pretty cute!

You Make Me Gush! 


For the cost of some Gushers, these simple valentines were perfect for my fruit snack loving kid to give his friends! I wrote the text, Henrik added the heart stickers, I used a glue gun and put glue on the white backing and Henrik added the gushers! Simple, easy and delicious!

You Blow Me Away! 


These were Theo's valentines for the party. He could have done them, but he fell asleep, so Hanky helped me with these. Again, I wrote the text. I used the glue gun, and Henrik added the bubbles and stickers! I got these tiny bubbles in the party favor aisle for about a dollar!

I Only Have Eyes For You! 


Because these were for Henrik's class at school, I had him write his name on all of the valentines. I cut out the monster shapes and the white backing while he wrote his name 12 times! Then, I glued the monsters on the paper while he added arms, legs and a face. I of course wrote the text and used the glue gun, but he added the eyeball rings to the faces! Again, these rings were in the party favor aisle for $1 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment